The Child Education and Care Administrative Support Unit is in charge of the approval of child education and care facilities, the handling of funding procedures in relation to establishment costs and also costs incurred from the operation of child education and care facilities.
It also ensures compliance with legal provisions and the assurance and development of pedagogical quality through on-site supervision and counselling, and also through the provision of further training.
Under certain conditions, parents and legal guardians may receive childcare allowance from the State.
The following services of the Child Education and Care Unit are also listed on the E-government Styria site (in German).
- (Special) Educators - Recognition
- (Special) Kindergarten teachers - Recognition
- Childcare workers and daycare mothers and fathers - Recognition
- Changes in the person of the provider
- Childcare permit for daycare mothers/fathers
- Operation in alternative premises
- Change in the suitability requirements of the daycare mother/father
- Exemption permit